Owner Rental Process
You’ve Decided that You want to rent out your home – so how does it work?
- Give us a call or request a proposal to get more information.
- Meet and discuss the process with one of our property managers and review the management agreement.
- Once the management agreement has been signed you must give a copy of the key to your property manager.
- Your manager will visit the property and do a walk-through to ensure that it is “rental ready”, there are no safety or maintenance issues and they will take pictures to begin marketing the property.
- Once the home is “rental ready” the manager will begin marketing your property to find a tenant (if you do not already have one).
- Your manager will show the property to all prospective clients and process all applications that are received.
- Once a tenant has been selected the manager will collect the deposit and will arrange a move-in date.
- Upon the move in date the tenant and the manager will do a walk through together to make sure that everything in the property is functioning properly and there are no issues. We will complete a comprehensive move-in inspection with photos along with a move-in video showing any pre-existing damages. The keys will be given to the tenant at the move-in as long as all funds are owed are paid and the lease is signed.
- The manager will manage the property monthly to collect rent, monitor the property and deal with all of the day-to-day tasks.
How do we market your property to prospective clients?
At Backyard Realty Group we have a vacancy rating of less than 9% which means that out of all of our rental properties no more than 9% of them are vacant at any given time. We pride ourselves in marketing your property to the best of our abilities to ensure that our clients do not have long vacancies because it costs them money.